Sunday, February 12, 2012

It was him again!

        OMG! I dreamt of him again! Except years have passed this time, we weren't in high school anymore. He had actually just returned from his second tour in Afghanistan. He had called me three nights ago to tell me he was back and that he wanted to take me out to dinner. It seemed like an benevolent invitation, so I said yes.
        We met up in this cute little restaurant "Serendipity." He was quiet at first and he had this grimace of sorrow on his face. I asked him what was wrong and he answered, but he seemed hesitant while he was speaking. He was very meticulous with the details he was releasing, as if he wasn't supposed to be talking about it. I suddenly got this feeling of nostalgia for the last dream I had when, even though he was shy, he seemed more comfortable with me. As weird as the night was going, he told me that he had asked me here to invite me to be his date to a military ball. He was going to be the guest of honor, so he wanted to at least show up with a date. I was flattered that he asked me of all people. At the ball, he was being extolled for his bravery over in Afghanistan. He didn't feel like he deserved it, but I don't know why he'd think that after hearing about why he was being awarded the medal.
        His company was sent out on a secret mission to raid what was thought to be a terrorist hide-out. Unfortunately the mission was cursorily planned and so it went array and they were caught in a holocaust. Shots were being fired left and right and it didn't seem feasible for anyone to get out alive. Three of his fellow men were hit and trapped in the mist of the cross fires, so he had risked his life to drag them to safety one by one. He said he could feel the bullets pass by. Oh my gosh! When he said that, I couldn't help myself but scrutinize the parts of him that I could see. But he seemed fine, no scars that I could see. He probably saw the horror in my eyes and so he reassured me he was fine, "haha I'm fine Linh, the bullets just flew by, I have Superman powers so I'm impervious to flying bullets." That's not funny, he had me worried! But whoa, it was nice hearing him say my name, I think I started to blush cause I could feel my face getting hot. 
        Well the next thing I know, I'm in my room getting dressed for the ball. Then the bell rang and when I opened it, there he was, in his Class-A's. We met eyes and I felt butteflies in my stomach it was one of those movie moments, and then... I WOKE UP! NO!

No comments:

Post a Comment