Recently, I had this strange dream about some guy that I don't even know, I have never seen him before in my life. Except I think he was my best friend or something of that nature in my dream, he was the only person who would talk to me. But he totally creeped me out at first. He had this ominous feel to him. When we were talking, he continually had this dour expression on his face. His hair was also all greasy, and his clothes were too big on him, he just seemed so unkempt. I don't know, his demeanor just gave me this vibe that he had some insidious scheme up his sleeve that he was about to unravel on the entire class. I paid attention to everything he said, hoping he'd give me some intimation as to what he was planning, but nothing ever happened. I should've known that the devious exterior was just a guise though.
When he spoke, he seem tentative with himself. He had a very soft voice, I could barely hear him half the time. I kept having to ask him to repeat himself. Another thing about his voice, is that I don't think he had hit puberty yet. He's a senior in high school, and he sounds like a 15 year old girl! I caught myself before he could notice that I was bug-eyed and had my mouth gaping at the sound of his voice. It just didn't make sense to me, shouldn't he have hit puberty like six years ago? That's probably why he's so unsure of himself when he speaks, kids have probably gibed him so much about it.
Voice aside, he was really nice and easy to talk to. We talked about how our day was going so far, what we did the night before, and then our conversation became scattered all over the place. I found out that he's very flexible; he's a gymnast! When he was telling me about how flexible he was, he used the word "pliable," I know those two words mean the same thing, but can you really say that a person is "pliable"? Isn't it just objects that are pliable? I didn't feel like correcting him though. I also learned that he is planning on volunteering to be deployed the second he gets his diploma. Apparently he's been enlisted in the National Guard since he was 17, and he wants nothing more than to get out of this place. And being deployed is his best choice because at least then, he'd be leaving here with a purpose. But I'm worried he's going to be berefted of college life, and what if he doesn't make it back? He'd then be berefted of life altogether! I told him about my concerns and he just shrugged them off. He told me that if he did get a life, it'd be so much harder to leave when he actually did get deployed, he had rather gotten his time all out of the way first. That way if he didn't come back, he didn't leave anyone behind. I was wary as to how to respond to that, ultimately, it was his choice to make. I woke up before I could figure out what I said to him. Now that dream just keeps replaying over, and over in my head, I can't stop thinking about him. And the worse part of all of this is I still don't know who he is, I look for him everywhere I go, but I don't think he is real because I can't find him.
No comments:
Post a Comment